- Help Sen. Ed Markey protect special counsel Mueller’s investigation – Sign his petition to demand our Republican colleagues join us and take immediate action. Congress must act now and pass legislation to protect Mueller and his investigation. Add your name here and make your voice heard.
- Make a Thank-you Call – From: Badass Activists in the Pioneer Valley – You’ve heard the good news – Senator Jamie Eldridge’s amendment #1147, which includes four key provisions to protect immigrant families and other minorities in our Commonwealth, was approved by a vote of 25-13, after a long and thoughtful debate. That is a huge victory, and a major show of support by Senate leadership and members for our most vulnerable communities. Let’s call and thank Sen. Eldridge, Senate leadership, and the Western Mass delegation who voted in support of the amendment:
Senate President Harriette Chandler: 617-722-1500
Senate Ways & Means Chairwoman Karen Spilka: 617-722-1640
Senator Jamie Eldridge: 617-722-1120
Senator Adam Hinds: 617-722-1625
Senator Eric Lesser: 617-722-1291
Senator Jim Welch: 617-722-1660
- Add your name to tell the NFL: Dissent is patriotic – From the ACLU: The NFL just announced that they will fine players who kneel during the national anthem, effectively punishing anyone who expresses their opinion through peaceful protest. It’s the people who oppose the Take A Knee movement who are disrespecting the flag — not players who protest peacefully. Sign this petition telling the NFL to respect its players’ voices and rescind this new policy immediately.
- Stand up for Immigrant Children – From Wall-of-Us: Among the most vulnerable members of our society, few are more vulnerable than immigrant children that are separated from their parents. This week, the ACLU released a searing report developed based on official documents obtained through Freedom of Information Act requests. It chronicles the alleged abuse that children, seeking asylum or refugee, taken from their parents or fleeing unsafe conditions in their home countries, have endured at the hands of Border and Customs Patrol officials during the Obama presidency. On Friday, MSNBC’s Chris Hayes drew attention to something even more horrifying – the ICE practice of systematically separating immigrant children from their parents – and in the case of some 1,475 children between October and December, losing track of them entirely. Tell the head of the Department of Homeland Security, Kirstjen Nielsen that we MUST do better as a nation. E-mail: DHSSecretary@hq.dhs.gov, By Mail: The Honorable Kirstjen M. Nielsen, Secretary of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C. 20528
- Sign-Up for Info on this upcoming march – Our government is separating parents and children at the border! Additional reports indicate that the government has lost track of almost 1500 unaccompanied immigrant children. Nationwide marches are being planned for June 14th. Sign up here to get updates.
RUWM on Facebook
RUWM on Twitter
RUWM on Instagram
Our work starts here.
We are the change.