Mark Your Calendars – Upcoming Events
- Meet the Candidates for Mayor & City Council – Tuesday, August 20, 5:30-7:30PM, Mason Square Branch Library, 765 State St, Springfield. Get to know the candidates for Mayor and City Council. Find out where they stand on the issues and let them know your concerns before you cast your vote in the Preliminary Election. Register to vote, make sure your registration is active, and confirm where your polling place is. The Mason Square Branch Library will be closed for regular business but the doors on the State Street and Monroe Street sides will be open for you to come in. View event details here.
- Longmeadow Special Town Meeting – Tuesday, August 20, 7:00PM, Longmeadow High School, Grassy Gutter Rd. Longmeadow. Come and vote YES on Article 1! Stand Up to Columbia and Tennessee Gas! The proposed by-law amendment will ban the “installation and use of meter stations, take stations, city gates, and connected facilities” in Residential Zones in Longmeadow.
- Women’s Equality Day Breakfast 2019 – Sunday, August 25, 10:00AM-12:00PM, The Boylston Rooms, 122 Pleasant Street, Easthampton. A Celebration of the Right to Vote on the 99th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment which gave women the right to vote. Join us for a unique event celebrating women’s leadership here in the Pioneer Valley today because Democracy is stronger when we all participate. It is a non-partisan/non-profit celebration of the right to vote. It is not only for women to attend. It is not a fundraiser for any candidate. All are welcome. Event details and link to purchase tickets can be found here.
- 13th Annual Democrats of Distinction Awards Banquet – Wednesday, August 28, 6:00-9:00PM, Springfield Lodge of Elks # 61, 440 Tiffany St, Springfield. Please join the Springfield Democratic City Committee as we revive and celebrate the 13th Annual Democrats of Distinction Awards Banquet, honoring Democratic activists in our community for their commitment to advancing the ideals of the Democratic Party and moving our City of Springfield forward. For more details and link to purchase tickets, please view the event on Facebook here.
- Western Mass Young Democrats Hampden County Monthly Meeting – Thursday, August 29, 6:00-7:00PM, Brightwood Branch Library, 359 Plainfield St, Springfield. Join us for our monthly meeting to discuss initiatives in Western Mass. [This meeting will be located inside the community room]. We will also be continuing to fill some of the open leadership positions within our chapter. For more information contact us at email@example.com or view event details on Facebook here.
- RUWMI-Swing Left Monthly Action – Sunday, September 8, 10:00-11:30AM, Gateway City Arts, 92 Race Street, Holyoke. Come join us for our September postcard/letter-writing event! It’s fun, easy, and effective. We’ll supply postcards and stamps and all the information you will need. You just bring yourself (and maybe a friend), good cheer, and a limber writing hand! (Donations of 35-cent postage stamps, or cash to cover stamps greatly appreciated but not required). Election Day 2020 seems a long way off, but now is when we need to begin making sure that Democratic voters in critical swing states, get registered and show up at the polls! You can sign up here so we’ll know how many people to expect and you can view the event on Facebook here.
- Chicopee Municipal Candidate Meet and Greet – Thursday, September 12, 6:30-8:00PM, Chicopee Public Library, 449 Front St, Chicopee. This is your opportunity to meet Chicopee’s Municipal Candidates before primary day: September 17, 2019. You will be able to shake hands with candidates and ask questions face to face in a relaxed environment. Children and families welcome, light refreshments will be served. This is FREE and OPEN to the public. View event details here.
- 2019 MassDems State Convention – Saturday, September 14, 7:30AM-5:00PM, MassMutual Center, 1277 Main St, Springfield. The 2019 MassDems Action Agenda Convention is an important opportunity to come together and talk about how we fight to make progress on real issues like climate change, healthcare, education, immigration, and civil rights. During the convention, you’ll join breakout sessions to work collaboratively with other delegates to develop strategies to organize for critical issues facing our Commonwealth. For more information (including link for guest tickets) visit their website.
- To get the most up to date list of events, go to Rise Up Western Mass’s event calendar here. Also bookmark the National Resistance Calendar for additional events. Also, to be “in the know” about what Indivisible groups are doing across Massachusetts, sign up for the MA ACTION newsletter by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.