Mark Your Calendars – Upcoming Events
- Longmeadow Annual Town Meeting – Tuesday, May 14, 7:00-10:00PM, Longmeadow High School, 95 Grassy Gutter Rd, Longmeadow. The Annual Town Meeting will be Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at 7:00pm in the High School Gymnasium. The warrant can be found here. You can also view event details here.
- Fund Our Future Events – Thursday, May 16
- Fund Our Future Rally at Springfield City Hall – 4:30-5:30PM, Springfield City Hall, 36 Court St, Springfield. Our students can’t afford another year of funding shortfalls and budget cuts. On May 16, educators, students and community members are speaking out for our students and demanding that our legislators take action on two key education funding bills, the Promise Act and the Cherish Act. View event details here.
- Playdate Protest for Fund our Future – 4:30-5:30PM, Court Square Ave, Springfield. Bring your toddlers and kiddos to join us for a Playdate Protest in Springfield’s Court Square for Fund our Future! We’ll have music, fun and games and Arts & Crafts. And of course, a big rally for education funding on the steps of Springfield City Hall! View event details here.
- Rally at the Statehouse in Boston – 5:00-7:00PM, Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon St, Boston. Students, parents, educators, and public education defenders are marching on the State House to demand action on two education funding bills, the Promise Act and Cherish Act, which would reverse years of underfunding of our public schools and colleges. RSVP for the rally and reserve free bus transportation to Boston here. View more information on Facebook here.
- Northampton Legislative Listening Session – Friday, May 17, 1:00-4:00PM, Forbes Library, 20 West St, Northampton. At this session, five legislators– Representative Lindsay Sabadosa, Representative Natalie Blais, Representative Dan Carey, Representative Mindy Domb, and Senator Jo Comerford– will hear from three pre-registered groups on a range of topics. There will also be an opportunity for five “walk-in” groups or individuals to sign up and share information that affects all districts, for roughly two minutes each at the end of the event. There is seating for the public, and all are welcome to attend and listen in! View details here.
- Holyoke Democratic Town Committee 2019 Caucus – Sunday, May 19, 10:00AM-12:00PM, Massachusetts Green High-Performance Computing Center, 100 Bigelow St, Holyoke. Run as a delegate!!! Become involved in our Democratic party here in Holyoke. Please join us at our caucus to elect delegates to the 2019 Massachusetts Democratic Party Convention. View the event on Facebook here.
- Report Back from Venezuela and DC – Sunday, May 19, 7:00PM, Friends Meeting House at 43 Center St., Northampton. Western Massachusetts Venezuela Solidarity Coalition Invites you to a Report-Back from Lee Schlenker who went to Venezuela and Priscilla Lynch (and others) who went to the Washington D.C.’s Venezuelan Embassy to protect it.
- Caucus To Elect Delegates to the Dem State Convention – Tuesday, May 21, 6:30-7:30PM, West Springfield Public Library, West Springfield. Registered Democrats in West Springfield will hold a caucus on May 21, 2019 at the West Springfield Public Library Rotary Conference Room, 200 Park Street to elect delegates and alternates to the 2019 Massachusetts Democratic State Convention. Doors will open at 6:30pm, and the caucus will begin at 7:00pm. View the event on Facebook here.
- Ward 6 Dems 2019 Caucus for Convention – Wednesday, May 22, 6:00-8:00PM. 45 Sumner Avenue, Springfield. Join your friends and neighbors in Ward 6 to elect delegates to the Massachusetts Democratic Convention to be held in Springfield on September 14. View event details here.
- Forest Park Civic Association Meeting Re: Pipeline Project – Wednesday, May 22, 7:00-8:30PM, 361 Sumner Ave, Springfield. Come join the Forest Park Civic Association, Victor Davila, and Arise for Social Justice to discuss the Columbia Gas Pipeline Project which has great potential to impact Springfield residents. Let’s work together to get educated and protect our community!! For more information view the event on Facebook here.
- To get the most up to date list of events, go to Rise Up Western Mass’s event calendar here. Also bookmark the National Resistance Calendar for additional events. Also, to be “in the know” about what Indivisible groups are doing across Massachusetts, sign up for the MA ACTION newsletter by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.